Jess Murray is a dance artist interested in the relationship between dance and music and improvised performance. She is currently undertaking a practice research Ph.D funded by Midland4Cities at De Montfort University researching ‘Improvisational Dramaturgy for Dance and Music Collaboration’. Jess works collaboratively with musicians to create original performance work such as the Arts Council England funded projects SoundMoves and Sound Catchers. She is known for her work as a professional rhythm tap performer, teacher and tap jam host (Tap Rhythm Jam Nottingham, London Tap Jam, Tap Dance Festival UK), and also coordinates the Tap Rhythm Project.
- Network Session September 2021: Tap Sounds Series – Building Tap Floors
- Network Session August 2021: Tap Sound Series – Shoes and Taps
- Network Session July 2021: Tap Sound Series – Floors and Mics
- Network Session May 2021: Tap Dance and Vernacular Dance
- Network Session April 2021: Tap Dance and Folk Tradition