Jess Murray is a dance artist interested in the relationship between dance and music and improvised performance. She is currently undertaking a practice research Ph.D funded by Midland4Cities at De Montfort University researching ‘Improvisational Dramaturgy for Dance and Music Collaboration’. Jess works collaboratively with musicians to create original performance work such as the Arts Council England funded projects SoundMoves and Sound Catchers. She is known for her work as a professional rhythm tap performer, teacher and tap jam host (Tap Rhythm Jam Nottingham, London Tap Jam, Tap Dance Festival UK), and also coordinates the Tap Rhythm Project.
- TDRN UK Network Session: December 2023
- Network Session November 2023: Tap Cafe
- TDRN UK Online Talk Series: Contextualising Buddy Bradley in British Film
- Network Session April 2023: Tap Dance Pedagogy with Trish Melton
- TDRN UK Online Talk Series – Moving the Music: Duke Ellington’s Dancers with Allana Radecki